It’s been a while since I’ve updated this. And August has been full of stuff, but not a whole lot of work on projects. I’ve honestly needed a break from projects (and instead, added some SCA-related things to my modern Zazzle store), and I’m glad I took it, but I really do need to get back on the ball and finish things up.
Things still to accomplish.
- Lined Skjoldehamn hood (Have cut out the wool and am working on getting it lined and assembled.)
- Cutting out several Byzantine bone box blanks in preparation for turning into Byzantine box icons. (It’s been. . . warm. It means that I don’t want to be outside cutting bone with a Dremel because it’s uncomfortably warm outside. And stagnant summer air is awful.)
- Sewing up Byzantine boy garb (PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS! I have wool, but I really want something a wee bit lighter for the summer, so . . . waiting to get more linen)
- Thaddeus’ Achievement of Arms (purchased more perg and some Tresser’s Pink Stuff from John Neal Books. Have started work on layout. I just need to be disciplined and get this done.)
- Heraldic banner for my significant other. (purchased canvas and just need to do sewing and layout for this.)
- Creating four Byzantine peerage ceremonies (I’m picking through rather slowly. There’s a lot of information. De Ceremoniis is a doorstop of a book!)
- Secret Project scroll #3
- Found a second Skjoldehamn hood in my projects that just needs to be hemmed. Not sure what will happen to it, but argh, craft stash.
Things I’ve gotten accomplished!
- Painting Aed’s shield.
- Secret project scroll #1 (known now as Sir Gawayne’s Augmentation scroll)
- Nobelese Largesse Secret Project (blogged about here)
- Mar’s Quilt block (which has been presented and photos can be found on facebook)
- Wrote Pelican scroll text for Jaida de Leon
- New Baronial A&S Champions traveling trophy. (I do want to do some clean-up work on this particular piece so that it’s comfortable to wear.)
- A whole slew of Facebook frames for at least five kingdoms and one principality.(while not a period art, it is a service and probably something I should post.)
- Baronial preprints. (I’ve honestly lost track of how many I’ve done for the barony. It’s also a blast to work with others on this, too.)
- A bunch of preprints for TRM Ashir and Ashland to use. And the preprint workshop at Valor helped Their Majesties out, too. I may have to hold more of these in the future.
- Baronial roll of arms project. (this is honestly an ongoing project, but it’s fun to see how far it’s come in the years we’ve worked on it.)
- Camp banners for Valor.
- Creating handouts for Valor’s classes.
- Banner for KWHSS.
- Nikolai’s Herald Extraordinary Scroll (formerly known as Secret Project Scroll #2)
- Imperial Roman clothes and jewellery (I just need actual full-length photos of it)
- A bunch of preprints for TRM Xerxis and BelAnna (OMG, SO SHINY.)
- A YouTube video (which was from a FB live session) on shading.
- Painted Dirik von Rosswald’s shield for his upcoming knighting.
- Making more casual Byzantine clothing (Finished with the Imperial Roman garb part of it. It’s starting life as Imperial Roman, and then will be cannibalized for something 4th c. as a part of Operation Cooler Summers.) It’s going here because it actually got finished as part of the process