Update on Finished Projects

So, we’re five months in.  I’ve been able to stay mostly motivated to get projects done and off the list, though I’m definitely seeing some sticking points.  It is also hard as hell to create when you just don’t want to create.

No automatic alt text available.

I did pick up a couple of things at KWHSS – some pigments and a couple of new pen holders, and more perg, so yay more scrolls!  I even have some cochineal to attempt some pigment lakes with it.  (yay little cactus bugs!)

I am, however, most excited to try out my Brause nibs.  I have some super-tiny ones that will be a lot of fun to play with, and will hopefully make my tinier calligraphy a little more tiny.  (Really, tiny scrolls are fun.)

Things still to accomplish.

  1. Lined Skjoldehamn hood (Have cut out the wool and am working on getting it lined and assembled.  And finally.)
  2. Cutting out several Byzantine bone box blanks in preparation for turning into Byzantine box icons.
  3. Sewing up Byzantine boy garb (PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!  I have wool, but I really want something a wee bit lighter for the summer, so . . . waiting to get linen)
  4. Thaddeus’ Achievement of Arms (purchased more perg and some Tresser’s Pink Stuff from John Neal Books.  With any luck, I’ll be able to actually get this done.)
  5. Making more casual Byzantine clothing (PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!  Boils down to needing fabric at this point, since I now have an idea of where to go with this.)
  6. Heraldic banner for my significant other. (purchased canvas and just need to do sewing and layout for this.)
  7. Secret project scroll #2 (starting this weekend!)
  8. Creating four Byzantine peerage ceremonies (I’m picking through rather slowly.  There’s a lot of information.  De Ceremoniis is a doorstop of a book!)

Things I’ve gotten accomplished!

  1. Painting Aed’s shield.
  2. Secret project scroll #1 (known now as Sir Gawayne’s Augmentation scroll)
  3. Nobelese Largesse Secret Project (blogged about here)
  4. Mar’s Quilt block (which has been presented and photos can be found on facebook)
  5. Written Pelican scroll text for Jaida de Leon
  6. New Baronial A&S Champions traveling trophy. (I do want to do some clean-up work on this particular piece so that it’s comfortable to wear.)
  7. A whole slew of Facebook frames for at least five kingdoms and one principality.(while not a period art, it is a service and probably something I should post.)
  8. Baronial preprints.  (I’ve honestly lost track of how many I’ve done for the barony.  It’s also a blast to work with others on this, too.)
  9. A bunch of preprints for TRM to use.  And the preprint workshop at Valor helped Their Majesties out, too.  I may have to hold more of these in the future.
  10. Baronial roll of arms project. (this is honestly an ongoing project, but it’s fun to see how far it’s come in the years we’ve worked on it.)
  11. Camp banners for Valor.
  12. Creating handouts for Valor’s classes.
  13. Banner for KWHSS.

3 thoughts on “Update on Finished Projects

Leave a Reply to Konstantia Kaloethina Cancel reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.